22 Feb 2014

Q&A with Kendra Creek

IWC? You know that thing right? It's pretty much a big deal to you if you're reading this. Internet Wrestling Community..... Community. Nope, not a nod to Kennedy Anderson but an emphasis on community. 

Since "joining" the IWC I've been amazed on how many people I've had the chance to talk with via keyboard or Skype. Whether people actually take in, listen or even care what I say, I just love being able to be a part of something like this.

The people that make up the IWC are just like a real physical community. Each person has their own life, story, experiences and I want to personally get to know some of the IWC pillars better. I do what I can on twitter but it can be quite impersonal and always very short, so I've started reaching out, tapping a few shoulders and trying to get know you all. Podcasts, interviews even plain emails I love taking part.

Kendra Creek is one of the people I reached out for a short interview. I'm very grateful and happy she took the time to give it a go. 
If you wanna find out a little more about the Miss @kendra_creek please read on and give her a shout! She would do disgusting things with Ric Flair, if you dig that kinda thing.



Name: 
Kendra Creek

Age:
26

Where are you?
I live in Evansville Indiana, which is a town of about 100,000 people. I grew up in a small town in southern Indiana, with about 800 people.

When and how did you become a fan of WWE?
I became a fan of WWE in April 2012. My brother has always had a love for wrestling, and I just started watching one day.

How did you get involved with the IWC?
I started an account on Twitter in February 2013. I saw something Martin Dixon tweeted from the bunny suicida account and started following him. He was hilarious and introduced me to everyone at 4CR. 

It's well known and no secret to your fans and followers that you are disabled, can you tell us more about it? Do you have any involvement with groups, organizations or charities? 
I became very, very sick on May 1 of 2010. I was in a coma for 3 weeks, when I woke up they told me they would have to amputate both hands and both feet for me to live. Some family friends started several fundraisers, but all of the funds were stolen by those family friends.



I've been following you on twitter for a while and have seen a bunch of pics of you and children. Are they younger siblings or niece and nephews?
The pictures of the little ones are my cousins.



Other than wrestling what keeps you busy? Any work, hobbies or general interests?
I'm on dialysis, because my kidneys failed when I got sick. I have the house is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm gone for about 5 hours those days. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I usually have doctors appointments. When I'm not doing that, I like to hang out at home and relax as much as possible. Sometimes I take my brother out to the movies or lunch.



What's your favourite film?
I think my favorite film to watch over and over is Knocked Up. It always makes me laugh. And I can quote every line.



What's your taste in music Are you a Belieber? A Directioner? Pop Princess? Metal Head? Ska Rudegirl? RnB Queen? 
If you only ever have 5 songs on your iPod what would they be?
I love 90s music, ska, R & B, classic rock.

Somebody to Love by Queen
Mello Mood by Slightly Stoopid
What's Up by 4 Non Blondes
If You Could Only See by Tonic
I Believe or Hey Leonardo by Blessid Union of Souls



How do you like music in wrestling? 
I think my favorite themes in WWE are Kaitlyn's theme and Big E's theme. I also like Stephanie's theme. As far as pay-per-view tracks, I liked Sandpaper.



Tell us more about your recent visit to WWE and meeting with Kane.
I was talking to Alice Radley about my kidney failure and we got on the subject of Kane being my favorite wrestler, and how I would give anything to meet him. She got in touch was someone at WWE corporate and they set up a meeting. He was the nicest guy could ever imagine. We drove about 3 1/2 hours to St. Louis from where we live, had lunch with my aunt and uncle, then headed to the show. My brother went with me. I've also met Sheamus and Kofi Kingston. They were really, really cool.




Did meeting these guys change the way you think of them on TV?
Meeting Sheamus and Kofi really changed my opinion on how I looked at them on TV. I wasn't really a fan of Sheamus until I met him.




Are you chomping at the bit for the WWE Network?
Will you be taking history lessons with it? Will you find out what came before your fandom?
I am so excited for the WWE Network. I can't wait to experience everything that I've never experienced before.




20 Questions (quickfire questions, quickfire answers)

1. TLC or Elimination Chamber?
EC

2. Pin or Submission?
Submission

3. Best move in wrestling?
Cross Rhodes

4. Big Red Machine or Director Of Operations?
Big Red Machine

5. RVD or Jeff Hardy?
Hardy

6. Best not to be champion?
Kofi, he is pretty great.

7. Worst to be champion?
Randy Orton

8. Wrestlemania or Birthday?
Birthday

9. Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair. Snog, Marry, Avoid?
Marry: Vince, Kill: Hogan, Fuck: Flair



10. Is wrestling still real to you dammit!?
Just because it's predetermined doesn't mean it's fake.

11. Summer or Winter?
Winter

12. Best pop tarts?
Fudge.

13. Breaking Bad or Walking Dead?
TWD.

14. Family Guy or Simpsons?
Family Guy.

15. Marvel or DC?
Neither.

16. 1st album you purchased?
Britney Spears, sometimes

17. PB and Jelly or Chicken salad?
PB and J

18. When is bedtime?
Bedtime is whenever I feel like it. Usually around midnight.

19. Do you know any other languages?
Ich spreche eine kleine Deutsch, und un paquito Espanol.

20. Perfect Holiday?
Thanksgiving.



Final words and shout outs. 
I just want to say thank you to everyone at 4CR for being so loving and caring and supportive over the last year. Martin, Ant, Billy, Sam, Dylan, Eli, Steve Dawson, Alisa, Mary, Stephanie, Alice, the list goes on. Thanks to everyone who follows me and reads my tweets and blogs. And thank you for doing the interview. :)

Shout outs go to



No comments:

Post a Comment