13 Mar 2014

Fast Three Count

Fast Three Count is something I'm gonna try to do now and again to keep my brain active, talk wrestling with the IWC and hopefully learn a thing or two about the great industry we love.
Three random suggestions from Twitter followers will get a quick post in reply with my thoughts on the suggestions.

Without further ado, the first Fast Three Count with @timvicious


Fan Reaction

Fan reaction is as big a part of wrestling as knee pads and turnbuckles. The sound and sight of an absolute electric crowd just going nuts for what they're seeing always gets me pumped. 
One of my favourite matches is Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania X8, yeah it was amazing because it was Rock and Hogan but also because of the fan reaction to every drop of sweat the two poured.
Standing ovations are something that chills me like nothing else, the first one I really remember was for The Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian for their tag team ladder match and I can just remember getting goosebumps and knowing this is what all wrestlers should be aiming for.

Put it this way, without fan reaction you are just Brian Christopher.


Merchandise

Does a superstar have to be good to shift merch? No. Do they have to shift merch to be good? Often it seems so.
If a guy happens to resonate with the money spenders be it parents for their kids or fans for their own collection/wardrobe he will be pushed no doubt.
I personally have purchased T-shirts for myself and got some as presents when I was younger, worn with pride because of my love for WWE. Also buying heaps of videos, DVDs and games I'd like to think I've made a small ripple in the ocean that is WWEs bank account.



Promos done in ring gear and not actually performing in a match that night on the show at any point

Sure sometimes it can't be avoided for instance masked Kane, Umaga, Big Boss Man, Undertaker and so on but when it comes to the likes of Cena, Hogan, Rock, Orton why would you get all dressed up, knee pads n'all to talk it up?
If gets them in the right frame of mind, thats cool but it doesn't stop them looking a bit odd. Be it a in backstage segment, in ring promo or match run in it just seems like extra effort for what? 

yeah yeah you got a character, but we all know if you're a wrestler you love Under Armour so just chuck some of that on clothesline someone over the rope to stop a match. 
Whatever you choose to wear, just don't get it from Batista's wardrobe.



1 comment: