25 Mar 2014

Happy Birthday @SundaySegue

This week Kinny Killa and Sugs over at Sunday Segue podcast celebrated their 52nd weekly episode... quick maths... That's a year! Happy first birthday!

Yeah the guys invited me on their birthday show, which as always was genuinely happy accept so if you have already listened to the show have heard me give all the box ticking birthday pleasantries. But now that I've listened to the episode... Yeah I listen to myself. It's a way of trying to get better at the podcasting malarkey.
Anyways, now I've listened to the show and had a chance to think about things I really want to give a big thank you to the lads.

Since being introduced to the Segue by Kinny himself I've been a fan of the show. In all honesty I had not seen or heard anything from these guys until Kinny asked me to be on the show, soon as I could I downloaded a couple of episodes to see what was going on. 

The guys talked about WWE in a way I love to, having the ability to suspend belief to enjoy aspects of the show without losing grip of reality because "smarky knowledge", all this and they just have a laugh and chuck a bit of banter about. Which is a great thing! Yeah you can be passionate about the brand and product but you shouldn't take it so serious and get yourself down and upset because of it. 

The Segue has a real loyal and ever growing fan base, we are called the #SegHeads. This expanding army of fans include some great minds including @hannahpricee@Jace_On89@TheMCook@AxelMulligan my Segue tag team partner and long time friend @TopRopeElbow and the fan turned contributor turned Head of Fan Relations @JamesPowers33
Thats the great thing about the Segue, fans can soon become more than that. It's a true people show!



You call that an achievement, I would. The fact that Kinny and Sugs clearly posses something that makes people want to be a part of the team and be more than a listener. 
You know what else I'd call an achievement? Interviewing Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. That guy who's going into the 2014 HOF also had the honour of being interviewed by 'The one man with no Instagram' Kinny Killa! If that's not a big deal then I don't know what is.

If you haven't checked out the lads and co doing their thing then head on over to Twitter, iTunes or download that DoubleTwist Player....Playa! and give yourself a podcasting treat, hear Kinny's rant music moments, Sugs' Stunners, get some douchebaggery from Jace and if I'm about... have a biscuit!
Every week is bound to be a giggle at the least, so if you're self conscious about looking like a bit of a tit on a commute to work consider the segue NSFPT(Not Safe For Public Transport). 
Because good chance is you'll either just laugh out loud, properly, not that "I just ate a pack of Oreos LOL!!" but proper chuckle. Or you might do that strange chokey-coughy-spluttery thing when you try to hold it in.
I am saying this with experience.

So without further digression sorry to the guy with the sideburns and green parka jacket who gets on the 134 at Highgate for doing that chokey-coughy-spluttery laugh at the back of your head and a very very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to the @SundaySegue! I hope 2014 is as big of year if not 647x bigger than 2013, and I hope to be a part of the family and write a Happy 2nd Birthday to you guys.


Bingus



No comments:

Post a Comment