6 Oct 2013

Sunday Segue Battleground Predictions

I must be doing something right because Kinny Killa and Sugs asked me to join them on their Sunday Segue Podcast. This weeks episode is a four man effort as @TopRopeElbow joined us to shoot the breeze on last Monday's RAW and give out Battleground predictions.

Battleground isn't exactly going in with all the bells and whistles but that shouldn't stop you enjoying the actual show. There is a few opportunities for advancements and new chapters from tonights card involving a number of Superstars.

Ziggler VS Sandow
I'm going for a Ziggler win here. Just by the logic that the briefcase is extra weight on the owners shoulders, making it harder to seemingly kick out. But will this Kickoff match be the last we see of Mr. Money in the Bank tonight?

CM Punk VS Ryback
Ryback by all rights should be on his honeymoon as Mrs. Paul Heyman Guy and have this one in the bag, however CM Punk hasn't added much to his W column in 2013. 
I can see a DQ finish or a countout favouring Punk tonight leading to a climatic Hell in a Cell rematch only, this year, locking Paul Heyman in the Devils Playground. 



AJ (c) VS Brie Bella
The Divas Division is really needing a shake up, wake up and pick up. AJ has done well with making the Double D (see what I did there?) a little more interesting to everyone. 
Brie is now entering the fray of the main event story and could really give the title a bigger spotlight. 
I'm definitely thinking Brie Bella will walk away with the gold..... walk away with the glitter tonight.



Rhodes VS Shield
This is a toughie for me. Not too sure why I'm finding this hard to gauge but I just keep chopping and changing on this. I am all for seeing the Rhodes clan get their jobs back and then go on for a Goldie and Cody tag team run going into 2014. However with all the dirty tactics that the hounds will be pulling I'm left blind. 
Right now I'm saying Shield for the win tonight.



Curtis Axel (c) VS R-Truth
This match is as much about the Intercontinental Championship as it is global climate change. Which is not at all if you be wondering.
Could R-Truth walk away with the strap tonight? Sure, but where would that leave Axel's momentum? As I said on the Segue podcast this is as dry as a Ryvita going toe to toe with a Weetabix. I'll be really surprised if this match ends up drawing me in. Axel for the win.


Bray Wyatt VS Kofi Kingston
With the build for this being virtually nothing but man vs man. I'm hoping the magic comes in the match itself and with Wyatt that could very well happen. I'm pulling for a Kane return tonight, either for or against Wyatt. If Kane is in the family I will mark out clean. Bray Wyatt wins 1-2-3.


Alberto Del Rio (c) VS Rob Van Dam
As much as I wanna see Van Dam win tonight I wanna see Del Rio lose more. I hear the goss that RVD is about to take a break, so could we see a little SummerSlam-esque MITB action? With the Hardcore stip giving the ECW alum the edge it should be a walk in the park. But with that same stip comes the danger of being banged up even as a winner, perfect time for a heel cash in. 
No matter who wins this, I just hope Del Rio just drops the big gold belt.


Randy Orton VS Daniel Bryan
We are almost guaranteed to see a new WWE Champion tonight. Or are we? 
I believe we may see Bryan win tonight, 2 or 3 times before Orton finally gets the pin and the match finally ends. What I mean is Triple H will have the match restarted every time Bryan gets the win until Randy snakes his way to some hook or crook win. This would also give a good reason for that talked about Iron Man match take place between the two.
New WWE Champion Randy Orton.




Thanks to @SundaySegue for giving me the chance to join them on their show!

No comments:

Post a Comment